First held in 1970, Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22nd to demonstrate support for environmental protection. Now coordinated by the Earth Day Network, events are held annually in more than 193 countries! Below you will find some ideas to inspire your own Earth Day celebrations.
How YOU Can Make an Impact
· Plant Wildflowers – Bring nature into your life with plants that attract bees
· Turn Off Lights – Save energy and extend the life of your bulbs
· Recycle at Home – Set up a conveniently located container for recyclables in your apartment
· Run Full Cycles – Fill up your washer and dishwasher completely before running
· Reusable Grocery Bags – Decrease usage of disposal plastic bags that can cause pollution
Plant a Tree – Plant a tree locally or help plant trees around the world. Find out how by clicking here!
Two of our favorite food holidays fall during the month of March: National Peanut Butter Lovers’ Day and Pi Day! Hey - we’ll take any excuse to celebrate a day that involves food! Check out a list of both peanut butter and pie recipes we put together so you can celebrate too. And be sure to keep an eye on our social media for any upcoming events at Grove Pullman!
9 Things To Celebrate in February Other Than Valentine’s Day
Although the shortest month of the year, February is filled with many celebrations and activities. While Valentine’s Day may be the most popular day of the month, there is plenty more to celebrate!
February 2nd – Groundhog Day – Celebrate by watching Bill Murray in the now classic 1993 movie, “Groundhog Day”. Feel free to watch it over, and over, and over…
February 4th – One of The Biggest Days in Sports – Whether you plan on watching the big game or just the commercials. This Sunday is a great time to enjoy the company of friends and family and great food!